Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Best Desk Ever!!!

Like the gum or wax on desk? I thought it was supposed to go underneath, anyways sanded right off so boo ya obstacles!

I knew this desk had potential of being great the second I saw it. Jeff actually agreed with me on this one. He has no vision! I didn't even feel like I would have to do much to it for it to achieve greatness. And I was right. I barely put any money into it. A quart of paint and that was it, considering I already had the varnish, glaze and sandpaper! I sanded down the whole thing, then decided to go with staining the top and painting the rest. Hope you like how it turned out.











Oh how I love this desk, have I mentioned that? I think it was great on the before, but after a little sanding, some stain and paint with Martha Stewart glaze it's like a dream come true for me. I love this look and style of desk with the aged affect. Hopefully it'll be a dream come true for someone else cause Jeff says we gotta sell it instead of keeping it for ourselves! We'll see. I'm not going to lower the price on this one if it doesn't go, because I absolutely know it could go for over 400.00 in a furniture store! So I'll stick to my guns on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment