Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Country kitchen to pinterest pretty!




My besty who shalln't remain nameless... Shalln't shorn't Rachel Smith from shoptrendyties.com had a solid country style table. She has had this for about 5 years now and it was a hand-me-down back then. There is nothing wrong with this table structurally or functionally, but cosmetically it needed a little work. So that's exactly what we did. I was visiting her and she showed me what she wanted on pinterest. I'm trying to learn all about the thing but still using the old interface on blogger so I doubt I'll be successful, anyways we headed off to the home depot and we were on a mission! We started this project around noon one day and it would have been done that very night if it weren't for those pesky kids and their snooping dog, wait nope that's not quite what happened. Actually the pesky kids thing is somewhat true, but we had other obligations. It was finished the next day by Rachel and it turned out Mind boggling beautiful, tastefull and terriffic!
As for the tutorial I'll give it quickly, but if you want a full detailed one just ask in the comment bar and leave your email and I  will give you the full rundown!

We completely sanded the top of each surface, chairs bench and table top.  Then we used a walnut stain.  We didn't even sand the legs we just painted them this pretty turquoise color.  Then we sanded the legs down past the black underneath paint and added the same walnut stain.  Then put a glaze on the blue and a polyurithane coat on the stain!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE my table!!! and LOVE you for coming to give it a major make-over!!!...also love that you nicely said it "needed a little work" ...when really it needed a TON of work!!!
    I've had so many compliments on it and it just brightens my whole upstairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know how you did this...I have a very similar table except it is light oak...and doesn't have the sheen on it anymore we have had it for 7 years...and it so needs an update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve, I would love to give you the details of this remake. I went to your blog and tried to leave a comment and it wouldn't let me :? How about give me your email and join my site. You'll love yourself for re-doing your table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much...I am sorry kind of left the comment and had to run to hockey with my kids! My email is grapesodaphotography@charter.net....The one thing I have been worried about with redoing the table is surface use...we use it all the time...so I don't want a sticky top...I have had that happen on some of the projects I have tried before...but if you can email me maybe we can talk some more!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color turquoise you used - would you mind sharing the name/brand? Love the table! :)
    erincyoung (at) yahoo (dot) com
    thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the name of that color?? I've been trying to find a similar shade. Thanks and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the color of paint used. Please share. katiemur@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello! i came to your blog from better after and i LOVE your table and the color. i'd love the tutorial too, if it's okay! my email is: m s z koh (at) yahoo.com . (take out the spaces when typing... that's just for the spammers :) thank you! melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came over from Better After and would love more details, too. featheringmybignest (at) gmail (d0t) come

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color is Carribean blue, it's made by glidden and is at the home depot. Good Luck you re-doers oh and become a follower of my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I have a full detailed tutorial please? pickcait@isu.edu

    ReplyDelete