Total Pageviews

Monday, June 1, 2015

Table Remix for a friend

I like working with a client that's also a friend.  In some ways all of my "client" become my friends.  We bond over furniture.  We really do.  This client was a friend first and a client second so we bonded over other things, but then came the remix and now we have new things to bond over.  Okay enough here is the remix.
 Another orangey oak 80's table.  I actually love these.  Ya wanna know why?  Because they turn into the BEST remixes of all.  They have such pretty grainy tops and solid wood.  No dinky sleek hollow legs on the table or chairs. No pressed wood either.  I'm so glad the 80's gave us hairspray legging's great music and orangey oaky tables and chairs.. Here's to you 80's! This friend turned client had a specific set of rules for remixin' which I'm good with.  No floral, and nothing too Poppy  going on with the seat covers.  We went with a cool geometric design and warm colors.  After sanding completely down the top we used a minwax dark walnut stain, personally my very very favorite for table tops and the chairs were a Sherwin Williams black.  I think it turned out beautifully what do you think?


1 comment: