Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Does it cut the mustard?!?

Found these cuties at a local thrift store for 30$, they are antique sheeky and have cracked leather on the top!

So....What do you think?



This was sort of a nightmare because I had initially decided that I would sand this down, despite the beveled edges and cracked leather I thought I was up for the task. However 99% of my work takes place in the garage and since I live in the desert I was getting worn out pretty quick. I was going to do an antique white and stain on the details of the legs. My husband walked outside and saw what I was doing and said. "Don't cover up the leather, bring it out by doing a mustard" What??? Who knew? He is a smart, hot and savy guy!!! I like how this turned out especially because I was about to stick in the garage and start a new project!



1 comment:

  1. Love love and love some more!!!!! Turned out beautiful!!! :)

    ? For ya- I have such a hard time finding pulls with a 2" hole spacing... Seems like most of these vintage pieces have that size hole spacing. I try to save the pulls and paint them
    But on this particular piece I am working on no such luck. Any ideas

    ReplyDelete