Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"If it aint broke....you can still fix it"



So I'm visiting my old stomping grounds in South Carolina. My mom's house is chuck full of lovely cherry wood furniture. It's everywhere. So as I walked around the house in each room I asked her what I could refinish or what needed refinishing. She told me that one of the chairs could use a re-do. She told me that she was replacing this pretty piece of furniture. I have never refinished anything that wasn't trashed!!!! So I actually felt a little weird hauling this outside and sanding it down when it was a perfectly pretty shinning cherry finish wood... even more so while all the kids were swimming in the pool next to me. I went for it anyways. I decided to sand down the whole thing and paint the base white and adding a WALNUT stain to age the legs and also that same walnut stain on the top of the sofa table! How do you think it turned out???



















So fun I was very happy with the way it turned out. My mama loves it too but I'm probably going to sell it on craigslist since as previously mentioned EVERYTHING in the house is cherry wood and this beachy, antiquey, cottagey piece doesn't quite match anything!





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how that turned out! I would have never come up with that. You are good girl!

    ReplyDelete