Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just messin around

I bought this first as my very first project. What was I going to do with it? Absolutely no idea. What was it's previous purpose? Uh no clue. How did hubby feel about it? That I do know. He thought it was hideous ridiculous odd and useless. So I put it in the corner of my garage for a solid 4 months that is until I got super bored the other day and made it into.... drum roll please. prpprprrrprprpr (that's the sound a drum roll makes)
And now it's a little bookcase/organizer for my little boys room. It cost me 6 dollars and although it may not be featured in a marth stewart magazine it is featured in their room and I love it.. That's all that really matters anyways right?









I lightly sanded the bookcase then painted the whole thing this Jade color and then using painters tape taped off one stripe from end to end and painted it white. Simply, tasteful and fun!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent re-do! Very good for not knowing what you bought it for; sometimes these pieces need to speak to us, don't they? Love the stripe. Found you via 'Better After'. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete