Total Pageviews

Monday, May 5, 2014

A'hoy Matey

I actually have zero idea why but bead board reminds me of planked wood and then that reminds me of planks, then onto pirates from there.  So here is my pirate planked desk redo
 So I sanded it COMPLETELY down on the top so I could a nice new coat of dark walnut stain.  Then I sanded the rest but not all the way down.  Next I painted it white... after the stain was completely dry I added two coats of polyurethane to make it shiny as well as protect it. I loved this flip and it lasted on craigslist for about half of a day before it was out of my garage and life forever.  I was sad to see it go, I really like this desk.  I also kept the original hardware which saves $ and I thought it was a nice contrast.

                              See what I mean about the planks.... no?  


             

No comments:

Post a Comment